|SAFETY AND SECURITY|
|COMPLIANCE AND GOVERNANCE|
Currently, sustainability is on every company’s business development agenda due to the drastic changes in our industry. Travellers Beach Hotel & Club hasn’t been left behind on this matter; one of our fundamental key values being “sustainable pro-activeness as well as care and consideration for others”. Our aim is to become one of the leading trend setters on sustainability and sustainable tourism in the Hotel Industry. We are committed in practicing sustainable tourism by addressing the following pertinent issues;
• Safety and Security
• Touching Lives
• Compliance and Governance
ENVIRONMENT Travellers Beach Hotel is keen on environment with a mindset of both the negative and the positive impacts on our relations to environs. Our aim is to be the leaders by setting an example in promoting positive environmental impacts and reduction on negative impacts. We are also aiming at contributing to a socially and ecologically sustainable society. An existing example is our waste water treatment plant where Waste water undergoes mechanical and biological treatment and used for watering the gardens.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Safety is about “being prepared always” in all situations both desirable and undesirable. Safety precautions are part of our daily work. Some of the measures we have undertaken include;
• Conducting safety and security checks four times a year in all areas of concern as internationally approved.
• Every day, we check that the evacuation routes are clear and that the fire equipment works properly
• Employees are trained in safe work procedures on an ongoing basis.
• There is always at least one team member in the hotel trained in First Aid and CPR
• All guests are briefed on safety and security matters prior to check in
• The hotel has an Incident Management team.
TOUCHING LIVESTravellers Beach Hotel sensitizes more on giving back to the society by actively practicing CSR. To support the local community, we engaged our staffs who came up with initiative CSR projects. Below are some of the examples we have considered:
• Donations to needy Community groups
• Implementation of policies that discourage child sex tourism
• In-house training programmes for young school leavers from the Neighborhood.
• Travellers Beach Hotel Football Club
• Employee of the month and higher Achievers Awards
• Transport to and from work
• Training Beach operators on sustainable tourism
“Good Health is Essential” A sustainable society is not just about nature and its environs but also about the individuals themselves. Healthy working environment for all stakeholders, providence of recreational and relaxation facilities and actively being involved in leisure, sports and recreational activities that add up to our “Good Health”
COMPLIANCE AND GOVERNANCE
Travellers Beach Hotel & Club has a workforce of 270 employees out of which 81% are on permanent basis while the rest are on Seasonal/Temporary Contract. The Hotel complies with all Labour Laws and Local Legislation related to daily operations. To motivate employees, retain skills and talents, the Hotel has set up regular training programmes in all departments in order to keep up with the changing demands and competition in the Hotel industry.